On 22/08/2019, Department of Management Studies, New Horizon college of Engg has signed an MOU with FintechInfosystemsPvtLtd for establishing an INVESTMENT LAB for using the virtual simulation platform – Trakinvest.
Trakinvest (“TI” or “The Company”) is an online platform focused on providing education, analytics, social intelligence, and AI tools for trading and investing.
“Trakinvest” gives pro investor access to real market data from multiple global exchanges to trade in, build portfolio, monitor & evaluate their investment decision. It provides an eco-system for finance students to learn art of investing by trial & error with virtual money.
This *simulation platform* will be integrated in the *MBA finance* subjects related to investment from the current semester and students will have an hands on experience of managing portfolio like an expert, test their investment strategies, leverage analytics/social tools and compete in simulations enhancing employability skills.
The MoU was signed by Dr.Prashanth C S R, Dean Academics, NHCE and Ms. UrviBabla, Global head of Marketing and PR, Trakinvest in the presence of Dr. Manjunatha, Principal, NHCE.
HP BIG DATA AND DATA ANALYTICS CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE AT NHCE
Hewlett Packard Enterprise popularly referred as HPE is an American multinational information technology company based in Palo Alto, California. It help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value thereby transforming industries, markets and lives.
NHCE has signed an MoU with HPE to establish Big Data and Data Analytics Centre of Excellence with state of the technology lab in the college campus. This is the first time pan India that HPE has collaborated with an educational Institution for its flagship program Vertica.
Program Highlights of Big Data Analytics In MBA Program: The role of data analytics for decision making over the years has increased manifold. Data Analysis and Interpretation has become an added advantage to corporates. The HP Big data and analytics centre of excellence at NHCE provides the required platform for the MBA graduates aspiring analytics role in corporates. The Program highlights include:
- Understanding the role of analytics in driving businesses .
- Empower student resources which can be absorbed by corporates to perform an analyst role in various sectors like Banking, Telecom, Manufacturing, E-commerce, Retail etc.
- Application of data analytic tool in different fields of Management like finance, marketing, human resource and other areas.
- SQL, data modelling, Hadoop, Big data, ETL tools.
- Vertica database administration, Installation of vertica on Linux Platform, creation of database, executing SQL statements, creating management console and creating vertica cluster.
- Insights on marketing analytics in terms of pricing and revenue management, assortment optimization and customer Value.
- Use of analytics for integrated talent management and workforce planning,
- Perform finance operations like discounted cash flows, profitability analysis, asset performance, analytics for game theory& insurance loss models.
- Logistics and multinomial regression.
SAP CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
SAP is a German multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, with regional offices in 130 countries.
New Horizon College of Engineering, has signed an MOU with SAP and has been accepted as a member of SAP University Alliance (UA) program. Being a member ,NHCE will have access to wealth of resources developed in collaboration with faculty , students and SAP partners and customers across the world.
Program Highlights of SAP In MBA Program: Today most of the companies consider SAP solutions for their business problems. They use SAP system for daily operations and reporting. SAP is present in more than 120 counties in the world and 12 million clients across the globe.
- SAP technologies provide problem statements for MBA students to work using SAP products.
- MBA Students can work on projects shared by corporates.
- SAP will support MBA students by putting in place mentors and experts from SAP.
- Give students an understanding of how exactly operations helps in minimizing process time.
- Empowering student resources which can be absorbed by corporate to perform in various sectors like e-commerce, logistics, supply chain, warehouse management, E-procurement. etc.
- Apply operation tools in different fields of Management like Finance, Marketing, Human resource and other areas.
- Process discovery and modelling, Process improvement, Process classification framework, Top– down measurement system, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) tools.
- Material Management and Supply Chain Management through SAP module.
- Insight on marketing operations in terms of Channel management, International marketing management and Service management in international arena.
- Use of operation tools and techniques for total quality management.
- Finance operations like Discounted cash flows, Profitability analysis, Asset performance.
- Logistics and multinomial regression, Demand Forecasting by using Trend analysis